1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Season 7 and 5vs5 Tournament

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Pooya, Aug 6, 2014.

?

Should Season 7 be a live tournament on DOTA2?

1. Yes

93.9%
  2. No

3.0%
  3. I will buy the ticket

24.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Pooya

Pooya Administrator Staff Member Admin

It occured to me one fine morning that maybe we could go live on DOTA2 ? Obviously since we are doing such a marvelous job then why not take it a step further and have season 7 shown live to the world. But what matters is should it be 1vs1 Season 7 ? or Season 2 of 5vs5 ?
    Sadly we havent had many teams signup for our 5vs5 and somehow 1vs1 is doing a better job. Maybe someone can shed some light on this ?

So i need everyone to vote in on what should happen next.

Also everyone who has a team, would it be nice to have your own team section with in the forums under 5vs5 category ?
    For example you could have your own forum category and the admin can set a pass to it or keep it open for the public.

Suggestions, Suggestions everyone !

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  2. aktarar

aktarar Dominating

Should go with 1v1 cz for 1st live tour on Dota 2 we should have a good show ;-)

Vote to 1v1 !

3. Maan

Maan Administrator Staff Member Admin

vote to 5v5 we should grow up an start playing like the world do it ... :cool: this will be enhancing the one step up to the teams able enough to participate in internationals not next not next, next but may be in future

4. Dark-_-Prince

Dark-_-Prince WHY YOU NO POST!

season 7 should be live and free to watch so that any one can watch it.

5. L3ORIC™

L3ORIC™ Dominating

It is absolutely good idea @Pooya . I think we should setup live tournament for s2 5v5 because 5v5 is the standard format for dota tournaments. As far as team registrations is concerned I think that Dota2pk.com lacks publicity and advertising and because of this many teams of Pakistan are not aware of this platform, try to concentrate on advertising and I am sure you will get a good response. Furthermore, I have seen many players here who want to join a team or team captains who are looking for good player/players for their team, so I want you to make such arrangement on this site that players can easily find what they want either Team or can recruit player/players in their existing team.

P.S. I like the idea of making a separate team section. :)

ɅɈ™ likes this.
  6. ANti_CyboRg

ANti_CyboRg WHY YOU NO POST!

We should vote for 5vs5 tournament it will be good for us in future....

7. Pooya

We have http://teams.dota2pk.com but i will soon be changing that to a much better platform.

8. ɅɈ™

ɅɈ™ Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Thumbs up for 5v5 tournament. ;)

9. Achilles.....!

Achilles.....! WHY YOU NO POST!

live 5v5 tournament should be there.... and advertising of this forum is still lagging I think....

10. Pooya

Thank you everyone for your feedback.

Once i get the new teams platform in i will surely start advertising the website on facebook more.
    Perhaps even give away keys to captains for making their teams here ?

11. RiNzler

RiNzler WHY YOU NO POST! Donor

I think you guys should approach some well known players personally and let them do publicity for you. Lets say if each person who gets approached is able to provide at least 2 teams, still the pool would be very large.
    Plus giving away keys will make captains deal prone. And yes the prize money shouldn't be for the winners only rather it could be divided among the leaders.

/\R!ST0CR/\TE likes this.
  12. RiNzler

RiNzler WHY YOU NO POST! Donor

I vote for a 5v5 live tournament

13. Sparda

Sparda WHY YOU NO POST!

Always 5 vs 5

14. Pooya

OKay guys i have heard your suggestions and this is what will happen next. Feel free to reply with your feedback.

1. Season 2 of 5vs5 will be played online where people will have to buy the tickets to see the match.
    2. Season 5 of 1vs1 will be played online DEPENDING if valve agrees to it. Currently i am in talks with them and lets hope they say yes.
    For advertising, recently i spent $5 on facebook to help boost our post regarding 1vs1 season 5. This was the post : https://www.facebook.com/pkleague/posts/687793584628745
    Once season 1 is done of 5vs5, i will spend another $5 to help promote season 2 of 5vs5. I might add 1 key per team into the prize pool to help motivate teams to participate.
    Also, i am proud to say we have some really genuine donators helping this community grow, again a big shout out to everyone who donated for season 5 of 1vs1.

/\R!ST0CR/\TE likes this.
  15. Pooya

Update :
    1. Season 02 of 5vs5 will be live as promised :) But we need a minimum of 10 teams to submit our application so please help spread the word.
    2. Season 06 of 1vs1 wont be live as valve and dota2 doesent allow it. But we will have a surprise to share with you shortly :)